Some of my favorite food court foods:
|In the United States
- Black pepper chicken from Panda Express.
- Hot pretzels from Auntie Anne (if you can tolerate the long wait).
- (until it became politically incorrect) Cottage fries and chicken sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A (which is not open on Sundays).
- The pasta salads at Everything Yogurt.
- Free samples from Sarku Japan and the Bourbon Chicken stands.
- Unique flavors of soft yogurt (like peanut butter and peach) from Freshens.
- A brochette meal from Grillades Torino.
- Chicken soup (meal-sized portion) from Thai Express.
- The burgers at Smart Burger (they’re smart; fries aren’t so shabby either).
- Coffee from Tim’s (a Canadian staple).
- Free or $1 coffee—any size specials from McDonald’s (about 1 of these promotions a quarter, usually early February, May, August, and November).
- Anything from the new food court in the Subway level of the Queen Street Bay.
(A little secret: Although Canadian food courts have more culinary variety than American food courts, nearly all of these outlets are franchised through a single company.)